Be amazed by the Parallel Circus Act (: Dashboard | +Follow

Kumiko in Parallel Circus
AboutContactComing Soon !Entries


________________________________________________________________________________________
Tuesday, March 5, 2013 | 10:18 AM | 0 いいぐさ
Hey Guys ! 

Once again, my week has been a hectic but enjoyable one :) I stayed over at my "Bust" Friend's house last Saturday, sleeping only at 6 am :P It's not because we stayed up the whole night to talk or what, we were drinking at a bar and bistro near Marina Bay Sands with My Pisces Boy and his friends ~

Which Bar and Bistro ? You might ask. Let me introduce you to..... -drum roll-

South Coast
[Bistro and Bar]
L1-85, Bay Level The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
(In case you are still unable to find it, it's just located in front of the floating Louis Vuitton shop)


Located on the Singapore Harbour, South Coast is an Australian bistro and bar which open daily from 8 am till late night !
I am guessing it's closing time is around 2 am as we were told to leave the area by then.
The interior design is chic and reminds me of those places where sailors will dine before they had to set sail for their destination >.<
Coupled with the breeze blowing in from Marina Bay, you would feel like you have been transported to a beach side bistro in Surfer's Paradise !


I don't know why, but this is the feeling that the place gives me hahahha :D
It's like the shops and bars seen in the cartoon, The Marvelous Misadventures of FlapJack !

It offers a variety of food from whole meals to pizza, and don't expect to drink hard liquor here !
They have a whole range of beers and wines for you to choose from, but very limited Martinis are available. 

I started my night with an Affontini which is a Martini made from their own blend of coffee, Amaretto, butterscotch liqueur, vodka and a ball of vanilla ice cream. It is sweet with a slight tinge of bitterness from the coffee. You can't really taste much of the alcohol as the coffee overpowers them. It's recommended more for the coffee lover since it doesn't provide much kick :3 The ice cream is really a bonus, it makes the martini sweeter as well as smoother to drink, assuming that you mixed it in ~ 

Then came my dessert, House Churned Ice Cream & Sorbet. It's basically 3 pathetically small scoops of ice cream decorated with various bite size berries. I was given strawberry, caramel and some sorbet ice cream. Lesson learnt : Never Order Ice Cream from a Bistro & Bar. 
I totally regretted it now. It's not a bang for my bucks ! Not recommended.

The gang was hungry so they ordered pizzas as well. A pepperoni and a meat pizza. I didn't get to try the pepperoni so I can't comment much on that. As for the meat pizza, it contains wagyu mince, pepperoni, bacon, Spanish onion, capsicum and mushrooms. It's a regular sized pizza, with a toasted crust to ensure maximum crunchiness :) You could say that the toppings were generous. I saw chunks and chunks of wagyu meat on the pizza ! :D It's finger licking good, I mean it. Do spare your stomach some space for the meat pizza when dining or drinking at South Coast !

Need a private room for an intimate dinner party with your pals ? Or a place to host a corporate meeting ? How about hosting a cocktail party with canapes on the newly created boulevard overlooking the Singapore Harbour and the city's skyline ? Just let the team at South Coast take care of all your event needs (: You could also choose to custom make your own event if you can't find any suitable packages that they are offering as well. 

 
The 7 drunkards after their trip to South Coast ! 
We are all smiles (:
No, I was joking, none of us was drunk ! Maybe except for My Pisces Boy and the guy on his right - 3- Not drunk, but high, very high ~

Overall, South Coast is an excellent place for you to just chill with your mates or to just simply relax. The night view is just incredible. Take in the breeze while sipping your own cup of martini  that's what I call living the life :) A disclaimer first ! The food sold there is a little pricey so don't get a shock when you see the menu. Oh, and club Avalon is nearby as well, just a stone's throw away from South Coast. After dancing and listening to the heavy bass and electro mix in Avalon, why not head down to South Coast to just have a breather and allow the slow jazz music calm your all-pumped-up soul ?

For more information on the list of food or liquor they sell, do visit their website at 

Like South Coast on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/SouthCoastSG

Hmm, note to self : REMEMBER TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE FOOD AND DRINKS IF YOU ARE GOING TO INTRODUCE A NEW PLACE TO THE READER ! 
Damn it, now there is a shortage of picture ): My apologies, I won't make such a stupid blunder the next time. 
Looking forward to my next drinking destination ^^

Stay tuned for more awesome bars and bistros :) You know I won't recommend you anything except the best ;D 

Blast from the PAST Time Travel to the FUTURE


_______________________________________
◕ Yaguchi Kumiko ◕




I do adverts, reviews, events and photoshoot;
_______________________________________
◕ Randomness Everywhere ◕




Drowning Whispers

We hide from mirrors so as to hide from our scars.
We are like roses that have never bothered to bloom when we should have bloomed and it is as if the sun has become disgusted with waiting.